New book release: The Lost Art of Playing Golf by Gary Nicol and Karl Morris – with a foreword from Rudy Duran, Tiger Woods’ first coach
This new release from the authors of the Amazon bestseller The Lost Art of Putting explores your relationship with the game and asks: when was the last time that you felt your score accurately reflected your true ability as a golfer?
Why do you play golf? Do you find the game as fulfilling as it used to be? Do you remember a time when you felt truly comfortable on the golf course? Do you remember a time when you felt truly comfortable on the golf course, treating it as a playground to explore? Can you imagine what it feels like to create unique golf shots in your mind and then execute these intentions?
The Lost Art of Playing Golf suggests answers to these profound questions. It will help you to re-connect with the soul of the game.
Learn how to approach the game you love in a profoundly different way – and liberate yourself to derive more pleasure from your precious time playing golf.
The Lost Art of Playing Golf follows on from the Amazon best-selller The Lost Art of Putting. It becomes the second title in the ‘Lost Art’ series.
It is the belief of leading tour coach Gary Nicol and performance coach Karl Morris, who have 60 years’ combined coaching experience, that despite us having access to more information than ever we are not becoming better or happier golfers. If anything, the opposite is true.
The Lost Art of Playing Golf drills down even deeper into your ability as an individual to discover your way of approaching the game rather than being told how to.
The message they convey is one of golfers reconnecting with their own creativity and the wisdom of their own body.
The ideas and information they share are backed up by the very latest research into how best to utilise the connection between mind and body.
Born in Scotland, Gary Nicol turned professional in 1988. Since then, he has travelled the world coaching golfers of all standards from weekend players to tour pros including Ryder Cup players, Olympians and winners of major championships. Gary is a certified TrackMan Master and Mind Factor coach and is based at the stunning Archerfield Links on Scotland’s Golf Coast.
Karl Morris has been involved in performance coaching for 30 years. In that time, he has worked with multiple major winners in golf – including Darren Clarke and Graeme McDowell – Ashes-winning captains in cricket as well as Premier League and international footballers. His passion has always been to make mental game coaching both practical and applicable.
The Lost Art of Playing Golf was edited by experienced golf writer Dan Murphy and published by Sports Publications (sports-publications.com).
With a foreword written by the first coach of Tiger Woods, Rudy Duran, the book is available now at thelostartofgolf.com and costs £19.95.
Note from the editors
- Learn more about the Lost Art series at thelostartofgolf.com
- The Lost Art of Playing Golf is available in hardback format at thelostartofgolf.com, priced at £19.95 and £9.99 respectively.
- The Lost Art of Putting is also available in hardback and Kindle formats at thelostartofgolf.com, priced at £19.95 and £9.99 respectively
- Buy both books together at thelostartofgolf.com for £30
- For more information about the book, contact Tom Irwin, Sports Publications’ commercial director, on 0113 289 3979 or [email protected]
- Follow The Lost Art on Twitter (@LostArtofGolf) and Facebook (The Lost Art of Golf).
- Gary Nicol and Karl Morris are available for interview about the book and/or expert comment on any matters relating to The Lost Art of Playing Golf